Melbourne Bosch Car Service
Checking your car before you leave for a long trip or holiday
Remembering that when you go on holiday your vehicle is unusually heavily loaded and will have to cope with faster speeds, perhaps hotter weather and if you do have a problem a repair garage or call out can be some distance off and costly.
So here are a few pointers to check before setting off for your dream break.
• Oil, check your oil and top up if necessary
• Your windscreen is going to get dirty with insects and other dirt, make sure your screen wash is topped up and working.
• What if you get a punctured tyre? Make sure your spare is in good condition and make sure its fully inflated. Check your jack is working and your spanner and other tools are in place.
• Going somewhere hot? You will need auto air conditioning to be in good working order and Monteltham Auto Electrics specialise in Car Air Conditioning servicing.
• In case of personal accident it’s a good idea to make sure you have a small First Aid kit in the car.
• Check your tyre pressure for a loaded car as it will be slightly higher than normal, this information can usually be found in the rim of the driver’s door frame or in the manual.
Having your tyres inflated to a higher pressure will help cope with the heavier load and will save on fuel.
Loading your car and the best way to arrange your luggage.In parts of England they have this saying “Ship shape and Bristol fashion which came from the old sailing ship days when if it wasn’t lashed down you would loose it in the next storm. The same precautions need to be made when packing a car for any distance travel, as any emergency breaking could cause any loose items to fly through the interior of your car at the same pre-breaking speed of your car, not good!
Have heavy items packed at the bottom. Do not have any items sitting on levels higher than the front seat head rests. If you can lash the luggage down all the better. Make sure the driver can see properly and is not obstructed by any internal packing.
Roof rack luggage and things to consider
If you have a roof rack it will always be handy to maximise the internal space for the passenger’s but there are several things that will make your journey safer. Never overload the car and it’s easy to do, our advice is to load the lightest luggage on the roof rack and make sure it is well tied down and secured.
It is a good idea to check all your ropes and lashings every now and again during your trip as these can easily become loosened during the trip.
We provide top quality service for your car
We are Bosch Car Service agents which provide you with top quality spares that will not let you down.
We service cars throughout the Melbourne area and based in Briar Hill we are close to the surrounding areas, Eltham, Greensborough Diamond Creek. We have the latest auto technology and expertise and service all makes and models. Repairs and car servicing is thorough and professional.
We can look after any of your four wheel drive needs and can advise on off road requirements.
• Outstanding car service.
• Advice, repair or service work
• Famous Bosch expertise
• Latest automotive technology
• Auto maintenance and repair.
• Auto Air Conditioning servicing and installation
• Dual battery experts
• Four wheel drive servicing and repairs
• Off road guidance and advice
• Providing local car servicing and repairs to Eltham, Briar Hill, Diamond Creek, car servicing in Greensborough, Bundoora, Watsonia, Mill Park, Plenty, Macleod, Montmorency,, Monsalvat, Templestowe, Ivanhoe, Heidelberg